RRI.MY.ID, Jakarta – Traveling on public transport increases a person’s risk of getting exposed to COVID-19. To keep the commute safe, people are highly recommended to stay vigilant by applying the health protocols.
The National COVID-19 Task Force reminds the public to be disciplined in practicing key hygiene during the continuing pandemic. The Health Ministry and the Transportation Ministry have drafted a guideline for public traveling on mass transport.
As quoted from the Health Ministry’s page www.kemkes.go.id, the task force’s spokesperson Reisa Broto Asmoro outlines seven points of the guideline as follows:
1. Before traveling, make sure you are in good health. People who feel unwell are suggested to stay at home.
2. It is better to take public transport mode that limits the number of passengers.
3. Remember to always wear a face mask.
4. Clean hands with a hand sanitizer or wash them regularly to maintain hand hygiene.
5. Try not to touch your eyes, nose, and mouth during the trip.
6. Discipline yourself by always maintaining a physical distance.
7. Wear a face shield as additional protection if the public transport has crowded passengers.
Related Coverage: Safety Tips to Socialize with Friends amid Pandemic
PUSPITA AMANDA SARI